The Portfolio Analyst role spans a broad spectrum of research, investment, and technical tasks as part of the equities team. The successful candidate for this highly competitive position will work closely with a team of Portfolio Managers and other talented Portfolio Analysts to implement Numeric's investment strategies. This involves both validating the inputs to our models as well as the output from the quantitative signals used to make buy/sell decisions. The Portfolio Analyst will also monitor portfolio risk and country/sector exposures, analyze portfolio returns, and conduct analysis for client communications. In addition to the day-to-day implementation of Numeric's strategies, successful candidates will have the opportunity to contribute to research projects in conjunction with Numeric's central research team.
• Work with Portfolio Managers to validate the inputs and outputs of our investment signals and assist with the day to day management of the portfolio
• Analyze the output of our portfolio construction process to ensure the integrity of our investment philosophy
• Assist research and portfolio management teams with enhancing existing signals and creating new signals
• Work with large data sets and liaise with outside data vendors to identify data quality issues
• Design tools for evaluating portfolio implementation and performance
• Conduct analysis for client communication and presentations
• Minimum of undergraduate and/or graduate coursework in finance, mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics or accounting
• Previous coding experience in Python, Matlab or R necessary
• Up to 3 years of quantitative analysis and/or portfolio management experience preferred
• Solid understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis
• Strong programming and statistical analysis skills
• Strong work ethic and flexible work schedule
• Detail oriented, good verbal and written communication skills and a collaborative personality
• Strong sense of integrity
About Man Numeric
Man Numeric employs systematic security-selection processes that are underpinned by a bottom-up, fundamental approach, offering both long only and alternative strategies. The team’s highly experienced professionals operate collaboratively, distilling their analytical and investment expertise into systematic processes which are applied across regions, styles, and capitalisations.
Man Numeric has a strong history in public equities, focusing on bottom-up stock selection processes based on fundamental, causal market relationships and reinforced by continuous research. Its approach seeks to capitalise on temporary market inefficiencies, with models that look to identify mispricing opportunities. Furthermore, the engine seeks to innovate continually and research new areas and opportunities. Man Numeric has significant capabilities in systematic responsible investing, with around half of its assets managed employing some form of sustainability screen.
Founded in 1989 and becoming part of Man Group in 2014, Man Numeric’s funds under management were $29.1 billion at 30 September 2022. Further information can be found at www.man.com/numeric.
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equality of opportunity. At Man Group we believe that a diverse workforce is a critical factor in the success of our business, and this is embedded in our culture and values. We run a number of external and internal initiatives, partnerships and programmes that help us to attract and develop talent from diverse backgrounds and encourage diversity and inclusion across our firm and industry. https://www.man.com/diversity. Man Group is also a Signatory of the Women in Finance Charter.
Man Group supports many charities, and global initiatives. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working. Employees are also offered two 'Mankind' days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme.
We offer comprehensive, firm-wide employee benefits including competitive holiday entitlements, pension/401k, life and long-term disability coverage, group sick pay, enhanced parental leave and long-service leave. Additional benefits are tailored to local markets and may include private medical coverage, discounted gym membership and wellbeing programmes.