At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for. The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies. We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
We continue to expand our products trading business, transitioning to a global trading organization. To further capitalize on commercial insights, we are rapidly building our trading, origination & analytical capabilities to capture new assets and enter new market areas in the US and globally. We are looking for passionate individuals with an entrepreneurial mind-set to drive change in our business.
The current opportunity is for an experienced Products Trader, with experience(s) in distillates, gasoline or natural gas liquids (NGLs) trading, to join our Products Trading team, as part of ExxonMobil’s Spring Texas campus.
The closing date for this role is Tuesday, 7th February 2023.
What role you will play in our team
If successful you will be an integral part of the Products team, designing, developing and executing profitable trading strategies, building on and leveraging insights from ExxonMobil’s world-class production, refining, logistics and marketing scale.
What you will do
- Develop commercial strategies for optimal sales and purchases of finished products.
- Manage pricing exposure and optimize trading positions, utilizing a combination of derivatives and exchange cleared instruments to hedge.
- Take a proactive role in business development, seeking out and evaluating market tenders to capture new business
- Facilitate entry into new markets, leveraging knowledge of illiquid markets and broker contacts
- Ensure trading activity is in compliance with internal risk governance policies/procedures, and is accurately captured in trade reporting infrastructure (i.e. position reporting, trade bookings & settlement)
- Provide insights to our Analytics team to continuously improve trading applications and fundamental analysis
- Interface with other regional trading offices (e.g. EU, Canada, AP) on inter-regional arbitrage opportunities
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree, combined with Gasoline, Distillates or NGL product trading experience(s).
- Have a clear focus on physical trading, with additional knowledge / experience of derivatives.
- Have strong trading and logistics knowledge of:
- The domestic physical products market, notably US Gulf Coast, NY Harbor and Mid West, including each region’s interplays with international trade flows. AND/OR
- The international products market, notably cargo trading between US, Canada, Mexico/Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific
- Have experience and expertise in managing products storage positions.
- Possess a deep understanding of risk management with proven P&L results.
- Be able to demonstrate a proven ability to develop new business relationships and capture new opportunities.
- Be a self-starting, team player with ability to multi-task in a dynamic, high-pressure team environment.
- Have the willingness to meet occasional after hours work needs and to travel on a limited basis.