Welcome to the Quant Analytics Associate open position. I will be providing you a written overview tour of this position and providing you with key points for your consideration. Let’s get started and Thank You for considering JP Morgan Chase in your career endeavors.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting day-to-day operations while identifying opportunities to streamline, automate, and enhance the information provided to our business partners to improve operational efficiencies.
- Leveraging data mining, data manipulation, and analytics skills to solve business problems, create opportunities and identify potential analytical strategies
- Translating high-level operational business needs into actionable intermediate or complex design analysis
- Optimizing business results and client satisfaction through advanced research, analytic tools and techniques
- Pursuing opportunities where analytics can drive significant operating outcomes - where different decisions should be made and/or where meaningful efficiencies can be implemented
- Understanding the cost-benefit relationship between solution sophistication and practicality and striving to produce the fastest and most accurate results.
- Working with business leaders to identify analytics opportunities
- Focusing on closure of control gaps, reduction of manual controls, automation of manual processes, reduction of handoffs, and increasing operational efficiency with dashboards
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience leveraging analytics and data mining to deliver tangible business improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- Demonstrated experience with statistical and/or forecasting methodologies for purposes of conducting analysis to drive business decisions
- Technical knowledge and/or experience using various data visualization (e.g. Tableau) and data wrangling tools (e.g. Python, R, SQL, SAS, Alteryx)
- Extensive knowledge of database design, Hadoop data architecture and tools, and relational database principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to summarize findings into concise, high level points geared towards the audience and visually depict key data and findings
- Demonstrated ability to positively interface with other departments, colleagues, senior management and external customers is required
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience within the banking industry preferred
Referral Bonus $4,000