MarketAxess is on a journey to digitally transform one of the world’s largest financial markets, enabling the shift from analog, phone-based trading to a fully electronic marketplace. Why does this matter? Because our platform makes trading fixed-income more accessible, ultimately improving transparency, efficiency, and competition in the marketplace. Changing the way an established industry transacts is no easy feat. There will be twists and turns, because no one’s ever done this before. But now, more than 2,000 clients around the world rely on our solutions, and that number is only expected to grow in the years ahead. We know where we’re going. How we get there is up to us. Join us and help Take Us There.
We are looking to add a Quant Researcher to our growing data science department. In this role candidates can expect to analyze large datasets and utilize their Python programming and machine learning skills to provide our clients with a robust suite of data solution products to aid them in their data-driven decision making on our platform.
How You'll Help Take Us There
- Analyze corporate bond market activity and market micro-structure, including proprietary MarketAxess data.
- Maintain and innovate on our award-winning pricing product, Composite Plus.
- Take ownership for existing research products and reports.
- Assist in the development and production of new products and reports.
- Work closely with global product and development teams to enrich client trading solutions.
- Create and maintain presentation materials for internal and external meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We're Looking for
- Undergraduate or Masters’ Degree in a quantitative field (science, engineering, mathematics, or statistics is preferred).
- 3+ years of experience as a quant or a data scientist in trading execution or fixed income.
- 2+ years of python experience.
- Strong data capabilities, including working with complex datasets.
- High Interest in quantitative research and pricing models.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills. This will ultimately require a mix of advanced querying / programming capabilities including R, SQL, AWS, Tableau, and intermediate machine learning.
- Highly analytical, flexible, and creative problem solver.
- Well-organized, team-oriented, intellectually curious, and proactive.
- Prioritize and multi-task as needed.
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What You Can Expect from Us
In addition to working on cutting edge technology and in our culture of innovation, collaboration, and openness, we offer:
- Hybrid Environment: Our employees enjoy a mix of working in the office and from home
- Free Food: We provide free lunch for employees when they are working in the office. Plus, our offices are stocked with snacks.
- Paid Time Off: Competitive PTO package including vacation and personal days, sick leave and charity days
- Generous Parental Leave: Up to 20 weeks fully paid leave
- 401(k): Dollar-for-dollar employer match up to $10K
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Employees can purchase MarketAxess common stock at a discount
- Wellness Stipend: We provide employees with up to $1K annually towards gym memberships, home office equipment and more
- Onsite Healthcare: We offer convenient access to world-class care through Mount Sinai at our Hudson Yards location
- Tuition Assistance and Professional Training: Benefit from on-demand learning, boot camps, and opportunities to attend conferences
- Core benefits: Highly competitive medical, dental, and vision programs
For job positions in NYC, NY, and other locations where required, the estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is $110,000 USD to $150,000 USD. Actual salary may vary depending on job-related factors, which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. You may also be eligible for annual cash incentives, equity and other benefit programs.
MarketAxess Corporation and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic in the location in which the candidate is applying.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.