Summer Intern develops and analyzes quantitative models for Risk Management. This will include retail/wholesale credit risk, compliance, market risk, financial crimes, and other ad-hoc models as required. Knowledge of statistical and other model development techniques and data analysis skills required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Each Summer Associate will:
1. Learn about banking, financial services, and the various divisions within the organization as assigned during the internship
2. Gain analytical, technical, and decision making skills through formal and informal learning opportunities
3. Complete special projects or assignments that assist the department in its mission and help the intern learn more about the corporate environment
4. Complete all prescribed training satisfactorily
5. Network with senior leaders, experienced teammates, and other interns to develop lasting professional connections
6. Receive performance feedback
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Advanced degree or working towards the completion of an advanced degree (MS or PhD) in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, quantitative finance, econometrics, computer science/engineering, or data science/analytics.
2. Demonstrated strong academic performance
3. Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
4. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and maintain professional composure
5. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
1. Preferred interest in pursuing financial services as a career
2. Previous financial services work experience or internship
3. Demonstrated flexibility in managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
4. Demonstrated leadership aptitude