The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You 'll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email toAccessibility (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Summer Intern develops and analyzes quantitative models for Risk Management. This will include retail/wholesale credit risk, compliance, market risk, financial crimes, and other ad-hoc models as required. Knowledge of statistical and other model development techniques and data analysis skills required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Each Summer Associate will:
1. Learn about banking, financial services, and the various divisions within the organization as assigned during the internship
2. Gain analytical, technical, and decision making skills through formal and informal learning opportunities
3. Complete special projects or assignments that assist the department in its mission and help the intern learn more about the corporate environment
4. Complete all prescribed training satisfactorily
5. Network with senior leaders, experienced teammates, and other interns to develop lasting professional connections
6. Receive performance feedback
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Advanced degree or working towards the completion of an advanced degree (MS or PhD) in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, quantitative finance, econometrics, computer science/engineering, or data science/analytics.
2. Demonstrated strong academic performance
3. Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
4. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and maintain professional composure
5. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
1. Preferred interest in pursuing financial services as a career
2. Previous financial services work experience or internship
3. Demonstrated flexibility in managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
4. Demonstrated leadership aptitude
Other Job Requirements / Working Conditions
Visual / Audio / Speaking
Able to access and interpret client information received from the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person and on the phone.
Manual Dexterity / Keyboarding
Able to work standard office equipment, including PC keyboard and mouse, copy/fax machines, and printers.
Able to work all hours scheduled, including overtime as directed by manager/supervisor and required by business need.
_ Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, citizenship or national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Truist is a Drug Free Workplace._