NextEra Energy Marketing is one of the nation’s leading electricity and natural gas marketers. We are responsible for electricity and fuel management for all of NextEra Energy Resources’ generation fleet, which includes the largest renewable energy portfolio in North America. We also provide marketing and trading services to electric and gas utilities, municipalities, cooperatives and other load-serving entities, as well as to owners of electric generation facilities. Are you interested in customizing power and gas solutions to meet each client’s needs? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
Employees in this role develop models, price energy derivatives, design and perform quantitative studies and analyses of spot/forward prices and volatilities for making pricing, trading, and risk management decisions. This position assists in the development of core algorithms and models to support trading, origination, and asset optimization decisions.
• Develops and improves upon mathematical models and translates algorithms into code
• Works with origination, risk management and trading to interpret valuations provided by models and responds to intra-day trading requests to price and evaluate structured transactions
• Assists development of energy price forecast, forward curve, and volatility models
• Designs and constructs risk management tools used in evaluating company's risk profile and exposure levels
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's Degree
• Master's Degree
• Experience: 2+ years
• Effective Written Communications
• Effective Verbal Communications
• Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance
• Liability/Risk Analy