As part of the AMS Research team, the Quantitative Data Analyst responsibilities include building and analyzing models used in the AMS investment process. The individual in this role works closely with other analysts on creating efficiencies in the investment process via innovative portfolio optimization, financial modeling and process improvement techniques. Additionally, developing creative and interactive visualizations and assists in interpreting output which is used to make crucial portfolio level decisions is vital to the role and the AMS team. The Quantitative Data Analyst would also work independently to address complex problems and demonstrate analytical thinking to make recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets using statistical techniques.
• Maintain, enhance and interpret portfolio optimization.
• Solves problems using scripting languages (SQL, Python, R, etc.).
• Advance existing initiatives and explore opportunities for new research topics.
• Utilizes visualization techniques to display data and the results of analysis in clear and straightforward presentations.
• Utilizes automation and process improvement techniques to alleviate traditionally manual tasks.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Financial markets and products.
• Portfolio optimization.
• Advanced investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
• Quantitative and qualitative understanding of the investment management business and performance measurement.
• Statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets.
• Visualization/reporting software packages such as Tableau, Qlikview, or Power BI.
• Understanding of ETL/ Data Flow Principles.
• Quantitative Modeling
• Developing and scripting in languages such as SQL, Python or R.
• Performance calculations.
• Analyzing financial information.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
• Produce accurate information on products and projects.
• Exhibit excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Attend to detail while maintaining the big picture orientation.
• Read, interpret, analyze and apply information from professional publications
• Meet many deadlines to provide quarterly and monthly data to internal associates and external Financial Advisors.
• Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
• Work independently, make non-routine decisions and resolve moderately complex problems.
• Promote team cohesiveness, cooperation and effectiveness.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements
• Business, Finance, Computer Science, MIS or related degree and a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience. ~or~
• Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• CFA charter holder, candidate or desire to obtain.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
• Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
• Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
• Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
• Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
• Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
At Raymond James – we honor, value, respect the uniqueness, experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their best authentic self, our organization, clients and communities thrive, it is part of our part of our people-first culture. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.