As a Commodities-focused Quantitative Developer at Beacon Platform, you will
be working within the Quant team to build out and expand our
Commodities/Energy product offering. You will collaborate with developers in
other teams to deliver developer and end-user functionality for trading and
risk management. In addition, you will interface directly with our clients,
who themselves extend the platform to implement their own proprietary risk
models and analytics.
What You’ll Do
- Valuation, risk and trade lifecycle for global commodities markets with a focus on OTC and exchange-traded products on North American/European Power, Gas, Oil, Crude, and Metals
- Build, extend, and maintain frameworks within the platform supporting products across asset classes, particularly commodities, their valuation, associated lifecycle and trade management, risks (e.g. Greeks, VAR, XVA), scenario analysis, cashflow generation, and model development.
- Identify and advocate for new models and design patterns necessary for the continuous improvement of an evolving infrastructure to support all clients
- Write and maintain high-quality code that responds to business, functional and quantitative requirements.
- Produce high-quality documentation that supports and expands engineering solutions - targeting both technical and non-technical audiences
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of development experience using Python
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills, ability to convey technical topics to a diverse audience
- Knowledge of commodities and energy markets
- Knowledge of market conventions, deal structures, and pricing/risk management of derivatives
- Experience in a front office development role, preferably on a trading desk, supporting derivatives pricing and risk analytics
- Experience developing code in a production environment - preferably enterprise risk systems
- Strong software engineering culture supporting all the phases of software development cycle
- Ability to understand unfamiliar code bases and debug applications
- Solid critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience as a Quant/Quant Developer in the Commodities/Energy space
- Experience building, enhancing, and maintaining real-time quoting and risk systems
- Experience with any strongly-typed programming language(s)
What You’ll Love About Beacon
- Unlimited PTO - This isn’t your typical unlimited PTO plan. All employees take at least 20 days off a year. After that? Take the time off you need to strike the perfect work/life balance for you.
- 9 paid company holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Competitive health benefits
- Charitable donation match
- Access to Udemy - An online learning and teaching marketplace with over 185,000 courses. Learn programming, marketing, data science, or brush up on your public speaking and writing skills.
- Startup Culture - Our employees have a voice and can make a big impact across the organization. A lot of people in large companies don’t feel connected to what they’re doing and feel like they’re put in a box. Here you will have the freedom to be creative and innovative. We’re looking for smart and driven people to help get us to the next level.