Putnam is looking to hire Quantitative Investment Associates to join the firm’s Global Asset Allocation investment team starting in 2023. Investment Associates work closely with analysts and portfolio managers to contribute thoughtful and differentiated analysis that impacts our clients’ portfolios. The Global Asset Allocation team manages $16 Billion and focuses on the development, implementation, and management of multi-asset class portfolios. Our ideal candidate is adept at coding up tools to handle large amounts of data, and excited to use their sharp analytical skills to seek answers to difficult questions.
Specific work will depend on the team’s needs but could vary from building tools to improve our portfolio risk and attribution, to testing and refining new factors and trading models – and everything in between.
Some examples of projects that successful investment associates have completed in the past include sourcing and testing systematic equity selection signals, developing and improving risk estimates, and creating dashboards to measure and monitor thematic market trends. We value intellectual curiosity and place a premium on self-starters who possess the data and analytical skills to execute projects from idea generation to delivery. Strong communication skills are crucial to explain the reasoning and nuances of your work.
- Undergraduate students graduating between December 2022 through July 2023
- BA or BS degree required: Major in finance, economics, physical sciences, engineering, mathematics or similar field is preferred
- Prior work experience in the financial industry, with firm understanding of basic investment concepts is a plus
- Experience in quantitative research and data analysis. Good knowledge of econometric principles is desired
- Excellent computer skills including in-depth knowledge of Python, Matlab, or R. Familiarity with SQL, VBA and Excel
- Team player; willingness to work with people at all levels to promote the common interest, willingness to work tirelessly toward the achievement of both departmental and personal goals
Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, refugee, asylee, or lawful permanent resident.
At Putnam, we are committed to a diverse workforce and take positive steps to ensure equal opportunity in our recruitment process. We ensure that individuals with different abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job applicant process. We strive to hire, develop and retain the most hardworking individuals by valuing the varied skills that they bring!
Most Putnam associates enjoy a hybrid work model, striking a balance between providing a flexible work schedule for our associates and leveraging the energy and creativity that comes with in-person collaboration. This evolution of our workplace creates greater efficiencies and a heightened focus on driving Putnam’s critical goals — ultimately to best serve clients.
- Compensation: Base salary plus competitive performance-based incentives determined by company and individual results
- Time Off: Flexible time-off under either the Responsible Vacation Plan for exempt level staff, or the Traditional Vacation Plan, including personal time off at a minimum of 18 days paid for non-exempt staff. We also provide 10 paid company holidays per full calendar year, plus paid sick and volunteer time.
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan with up to a 5% annual match and annual company discretionary contribution of eligible compensation plus other annual incentive plans based on eligibility
- Family Focus: Up to 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, and up to $10,000 for adoption and surrogacy assistance
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company annual discretionary contribution up to $1,000 per family
- Wellness Programs: Wellness incentive platform, employee assistance program, financial counseling services, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance, short- and long-term disability
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, instructor-led and online classes, mentorship, sponsorship, coaching and leadership development programs
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Diversity Advisory Council, business impact groups
- Sustainability: Corporate Sustainability Committee, member of the Sustainability Roundtable, Inc.