The Investment Risk Analyst, AVP position is part of the State Street Global Advisors Investment Risk Team. The primary focus of this group is to provide independent oversight to ensure appropriate levels of risk exist across our client’s portfolios. The Investment Risk Analyst will support our senior risk managers in different asset classes. The position will work hands-on with portfolio managers to measure, quantify, and communicated market risk exposures and any changes to the funds/accounts risk profiles. The risk analyst will assist our senior risk managers to enhance our risk management process. The position will also be responsible for creating and presenting key risk summaries to senior management on an ongoing basis. The candidate should possess excellent analytical and communication skills.
The role requires a working knowledge of multi asset strategies, gained from experience in institutional investment management, risk management and/or research organization.
The individual will also be responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of current risk management processes and collaborate with colleagues within the global organization in the design and implementation of policies, procedures and processes for the investment risk program.
The individual should have a demonstrated ability to lead project and work efficiently in teams.
The successful candidate will establish credibility through technical skill and stature in risk management, by building collaborative working relationships with investment professionals, and through creating a shared vision of the benefits of more risk-aware decision making.
The ideal candidate will have a solid analytical foundation and organizational skills, be motivated by a team environment, and have the ability to learn about new analytical applications and investment products.
Experience with risk concepts and database tools are required, with specific skills in Axioma, Bloomberg’s PORT, MSCI BarraOne/RiskMetrics, BlackRock Aladdin considered a plus.
Other key qualifications include:
• Strong academic track record; economics, mathematics/statistics or finance major preferred.
• Desire to achieve a Master’s degree, CFA, and/or FRM.
• 2-3 years of relevant industry experience (data analysis, risk management, research...) with solid knowledge of securities markets (equities, fixed income, currency, and/or cash)
• Strong technical skills: ability to build tools and reporting for risk management and to leverage technology and systems. Thoroughness and attention to detail. • Programming skills (VBA, Access, R, Matlab)
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines and deliver high quality, error-free work in a fast-paced environment
• Capable of taking responsibility for independent projects with limited supervision.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skill.
Potential Areas of Focus:
**More direct experience with data/ workflow, in an investment or risk team**