The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this page. After you click Apply Now and complete your application, you 'll be invited to create a profile, which will let you see your application status and any communications. If you already have a profile with us, you can log in to check status.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email toAccessibility (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Under the general supervision of the Senior Model Validation Officer, perform advanced level model validation for the corporation. Focus primarily on model validation and quantitative analysis, but also evaluate other model controls and serve as a resource for the corporation in all model risk management related tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Independently perform model validations spanning credit risk, market risk, and capital planning domains to assess fit for purpose, conceptual soundness, mathematical theory and construct, assumptions, data/assumptions, and output reasonableness.
2. Evaluate other model controls such as model performance tracking, change management, access control, and documentation.
3. Evaluation of validation findings remediation activity including analytical evaluation of residual risk.
4. Document validation effort in the form of a written report.
5. Directly support and assist in the duties of the Senior Model Validation Officer.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Master's degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent education and related training.
2. Basic computer programming skills (Python, MatLab, SAS, VBA, etc.).
3. Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational and interpersonal skills.
4. High attention to detail and ability to think at the organizational level.
5. Ph.D. in quantitative finance, mathematics, statistics or a related field.
6. One or more of CFA/PRM/FRM professional designation.
7. Advanced competency programming in languages such as Java, C++, TensorFlow, SAS etc.
8. Exposure to one or more financial modeling disciplines such as credit score modeling, asset-liability management, stress testing, term structure modeling, fraud detection, value-at-risk, capital planning models, loan loss reserve (CECL) modeling, etc.
General Description of Available Benefits for Eligible Employees of Truist Financial Corporation: All regular teammates (not temporary or contingent workers) working 20 hours or more per week are eligible for benefits, though eligibility for specific benefits may be determined by the division of Truist offering the position. Truist offers medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, tax-preferred savings accounts, and a 401k plan to teammates. Teammates also receive no less than 10 days of vacation (prorated based on date of hire and by full-time or part-time status) during their first year of employment, along with 10 sick days (also prorated), and paid holidays. For more details on Truist’s generous benefit plans, please visit our Benefits site. Depending on the position and division, this job may also be eligible for Truist’s defined benefit pension plan, restricted stock units, and/or a deferred compensation plan. As you advance through the hiring process, you will also learn more about the specific benefits available for any non- temporary position for which you apply, based on full-time or part-time status, position, and division of work.
_ Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, citizenship or national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Truist is a Drug Free Workplace._