PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives – regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is seeking a Quantitative Researcher to join the Algorithmic Trading Analytics team based in Newport Beach. You will be joining a small and high-impact team contributing to the development of research strategies across the firm. You will interact closely with Portfolio Managers across various mandates and will work on improving and enhancing the firm’s execution capabilities and trading strategies.
The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to rigor and excellence in research, while at the same time not losing sight of practicalities in delivering results. As well, they will have the ability to communicate complicated technical issues clearly to senior management and portfolio managers.
You will be responsible for:
* Development, analysis and optimization of execution and systematic trading strategies in fixed income and other asset classes
* Development of statistical models and machine learning frameworks for evaluation of execution methods and algorithms
* Development of customized TCA (transaction cost analysis)
* Research market impact and information transfer phenomena for various asset classes
* Development of predictive short-term price or fair value models
* M.S. or M.F.E. degree from a top program in quantitative disciplines; Finance, Economics, Statistics, Physics or Math
* 2+ years of experience in a quantitative analytics role within a trading environment focused on development of execution and systematic strategies sensitive to transaction costs, with a focus on one or more of the following areas: futures, rates (government bonds, interest rate swaps), corporate bonds, commodities, FX, options.
* Experience applying Data Science, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, or Deep Learning to solve complex data intensive problems.