The Wealth Management Portfolio Research (WMPR) team is seeking a talented and quantitatively-oriented Research Associate. The Research Associate will report to the Director of Investment Analytics. The Research Associate is responsible for supporting work related to investment analytics, data management, proprietary investment application/tool development and investment research.
Wealth Management Portfolio Research is the research group within Wealth Management that is responsible for investment research, asset allocation, portfolio construction, manager selection and monitoring, and best practices in portfolio management.
- Maintain and improve data pipelines and processes
- Support development of proprietary internal tools/applications related to investment analytics, portfolio optimization, asset allocation, manager research, etc.
- Participate in creating original research to support the wealth management investment practice
- Generate reports and analyses as needed related to WMPR duties
- Update and maintain research materials used with both internal partners and external clients
- Work on ad-hoc data intensive projects to support WMPR and the broader WM Investment Practice
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience involving strong quantitative experience (statistics and data analytics)
- Good technical and programming skills in data analysis programming languages (R/Python) SQL experience preferred but not required.
- Communication skills (writing and presentation) with an eye for data visualization.
- Proficiency in Excel, databases and other software programs (experience with Morningstar Direct, eVestment, Bloomberg, FactSet a plus)
- Interest in investing and financial markets with a fundamental understanding of investments, asset classes, statistics and economics.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new programming languages, concepts and technologies.
- Critical thinking, detail-oriented, a good work ethic, and the ability to both collaborate and work independently.
- Prior software development experience a plus.
- Experience with cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure) a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance/Accounting or a quantitative or computing field.