Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Quant Researcher will perform the most complex analytics and market intelligence activities to develop business intelligence, optimize effectiveness and predict business outcomes. In this role, you will independently research data, market information and trends and create and maintain complex, global modeling tools and systems. You will analyze data and interpret and execute strategies to share best practices.
- Design trading strategies and build tools globally based on fundamental and non fundamental influences on commodity markets.
- Lead the discovery and create prototypes of new quantitative tools and strategies.
- Develop scalable machine learning components to generalize models to other data sources, commodities or products and maintain advanced statistical ensemble systems.
- Benchmark, back test and stress test models to identify true sensitivities and risks.
- Maintain and enhance code repository and models infrastructure in a scalable fashion.
- Coordinate with the trading desks on the model's correct usage to validate conclusions and improvement opportunities.
- Conduct complex market analyses and advise the trading team to adjust their positions as appropriate.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience in systematic trading or quantitative research