What is the Opportunity?
RBC Capital Markets is actively seeking a driven and hardworking professional to join our Central Risk Book Group as quantitative researcher.
What will you do?
- On-board and management of key research data used in research, signal generation, and portfolio construction processes.
- Collaborate with other internal teams in order to deliver clean solutions that meet critical business objectives systematic and non-systematic trading.
- Build robust data models and implement trading algorithms to support ongoing quantitative research and live trading.
- Build and maintain an efficient technology infrastructure to support the team’s quantitative research and analytical efforts.
- Collaborate with quant researchers to implement framework for business.
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree(s) in a quantitative or technical discipline.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- Very self-motivated, willing to be part of a very dynamic and competitive team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Must be able to effectively engage with a diverse set of partners to the Equities Central Risk trading effort
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages (e.g. Python). Java or C++ is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
The good-faith expected salary range for the above position is $155,000 - $210,000 depending on factors including but not limited to the candidate’s experience, skills, registration status; market conditions; and business needs. This salary range does not include other elements of total compensation, including a discretionary bonus and benefits such as a 401(k) program with company-matching contributions; health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; and paid time-off plan.
RBC’s compensation philosophy and principles recognize the importance of a highly qualified global workforce and plays a critical role in attracting, engaging and retaining talent that:
- Drives RBC’s high performance culture
- Enables collective achievement of our strategic goals
- Generates sustainable shareholder returns and above market shareholder value