Balyasny Asset Management L.P. (BAM) is a global institutional investment firm. We strive to deliver consistent, uncorrelated, absolute returns in all market environments by fostering a culture of research, innovation, and collaboration. BAM has offices in Chicago, New York, Greenwich, San Francisco, Boston, Miami, Austin, Houston, Calgary, Toronto, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, and London.
BAM exists at the intersection of finance and technology, combining the deep industry knowledge of leading portfolio managers and financial analysts with software engineers and quantitative researchers. We leverage the collective expertise of our teams to seek out new investment opportunities, analyze market conditions, minimize risk, and provide superior service to our investment partners.
With approximately 1500 people in offices around the world, we embrace a culture that welcomes the free flow of ideas, promotes career development, and supports the health and wellbeing of our people through world-class benefits.
This role will work in an equities-focused quantitative research team that researches and produces factors and factor models used throughout the firm.
In the role of a Quantitative Researcher, the employee will be responsible for the following:
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
In order to effectively perform in this position and represent the Company, the employee must display the following attributes:
· Prior experience in a quantitative research or quantitative trading team
· Solid background in math and statistics
· Strong programming (Python & SQL) and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and implement appropriate solutions
· Outstanding track record of academic achievement and an interest in financial markets
· Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
· Enjoy working collaboratively within a team and able to communicate complex ideas clearly
· Positive, can-do attitude
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
· Graduate or undergraduate work in computer science, engineering, math, statistics, finance, economics, or another quantitative field is strongly desired
· 4+ years of experience in a quantitative rol