We are looking for Quantitative Researcher Interns to join our Research group.
We are a collaborative, data-driven, intellectually rigorous team responsible
for coming up with investment ideas, codifying those ideas into signals, back-
testing the signals, and producing return, risk and trading cost forecasts
based on the signals to drive trading decisions. We maintain a friendly, team-
oriented environment and place a high value on professionalism, attitude and
As a Quantitative Researcher Intern, you will be immersed in our research
effort, working side-by-side with members of the Research group. Our intern
program combines theory, practice and technology and provides significant
insights into quantitative investment management. You will work on high impact
projects that may involve finance, statistics, applied math, optimization
theory and computer programming.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Merging, structuring, and analyzing large amounts of data from various sources
- Assessing quality of historical panel data, diagnosing deficiencies and prescribing fixes
- Performing ad-hoc exploratory statistical analysis across multiple large complex data sets from a variety of structured and unstructured sources
- Writing and maintaining code that supports the investment research process
- Researching predictable patterns in asset returns, risks, trading costs and other data relevant to financial markets
- Performing portfolio construction research using our simulation capability
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program from an educational institution in finance, mathematics, economics, or a closely-related discipline emphasizing quantitative and financial analysis. Expected degree completion within a year of the internship.
- Demonstrated academic success
- Strong analytical, quantitative, programming and problem solving skills
- Understanding of probability, statistics, linear regression, time-series analysis, linear algebra, calculus, optimization and portfolio theory
- Experience with a statistical computing environment such as STATA, R, MATLAB, or Python
- Knowledge of the application of statistics to economics (including econometrics or regression analysis)
- Experience analyzing large data sets
- Passion for financial markets
- Excellent communication skills, including data visualization
- High energy and strong work ethic
Please include undergraduate and graduate transcript(s) upon submission of
We maintain a friendly, team-oriented environment and place a high value on
professionalism, attitude and initiative.