Why work at MGIC?
Are you someone who wants to play a critical role in our company’s success? Do you enjoy solving puzzles and finding a better way to get things done? Are you someone who likes to Take The Lead and make an impact? If so, then imagine yourself at MGIC. At MGIC we are a team of dedicated professionals on a fearless mission. A team that fosters a culture of career development and continuous learning opportunities to help you rise to new heights. We are passionate about providing outstanding customer service and making a difference in our community. #WeAreMGIC
This position is based in Milwaukee, WI (Hybrid environment - 3 days in office, 2 days remote).
What you will be doing:
- Work amongst a team of quantitative risk analysts that operate the company’s most advanced statistical models
- Participate in implementation, validation, assessment, monitoring process of multiple stochastic and statistical models for mortgage insurance forecasting
- Enhance risk and analytical tools
- Access large mortgage and MI datasets, utilize multiple statistical and machine learning techniques to improve modeling process and provide data-driven solutions
- Develop advanced dashboards and standardized reports to provide insights
- Perform modeling, data analytics, data visualization and programming in Python
- Learn how we model, price and deal with financial risks.
- Grow professionally through a supportive environment where you will be mentored
What we are looking for:
- Graduate or undergraduate student with a junior or senior standing
- Preferred major in Data Science, Computer Science or Financial Engineering
- Working knowledge of either R or Python
- Experience building data visualization dashboards like R-Shiny or Tableau
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Exposure to data query and statistical tools/languages such as SAS, SQL, or similar
- Finance and Stats knowledge a plus but not required
Enjoy these benefits from day one:
• Competitive Salary & pay-for-performance bonus
• Financial Benefits (401k with company match, profit sharing, HSA, wellness rewards program)
• On-site Fitness Center and classes (corporate office)
• Paid-time off and paid company holidays
• Business casual dress
For additional information about MGIC and to apply, please visit our website at www.mgic.com/careers.