Is curiosity part of your DNA? Do you have a passion for extracting information out of data? Our goal is to use analytical competencies for building and optimizing a top-tier US Cash Equities Electronic Trading offering.
This role involves working within the quant team to build trading models and analytics as well as exploring ML/AI approaches to build trading strategies to optimize the Retail Market Making and Central Risk Book businesses.
You will be part of the US Electronic Principal Trading Quant team, focused on Cash Equities based out of New York. All quant traders design models and run statistical analysis on data as well as coding up the live models in java/C++ and maintaining our code base, while working together with our teams of quant developers and traders.
• minimum Masters level in Natural Science, Mathematics, Data- or Process Design, or similar education
• ideally 3+ years’ industry experience: Experience in financial services beneficial but not essential
• experience within equities, or an equally electronic asset class like Spot FX
• experience in machine learning methods is an advantage
• strong programming skills in R or Python, working knowledge of Java
• already proficient in, or open to using, Q/Python for data analysis
• prior experience in Big Data, Distributed Computing and/or Cloud Computing is a plus
• attention to detail and keenness to contribute in a fast-paced trading environment with ability to work independently
• complexity is a challenge and not a problem for you
• analytical flair, high quality awareness, interdisciplinary working style
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
CA, CO, WA and NY based roles: The salary range for this role is $137,500 to $162,500 based on experience, education, and skill level. This role may be eligible for discretionary incentive compensation. For benefits information: ubs.com/usbenefits.
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.