EDF Trading North America, LLC is a major participant in wholesale energy markets and delivers customized energy solutions for our customers.
We operate in every market and provide coast to coast coverage of financial and physical products in power, natural gas and NGLs, environmental products and financial crude oil products. We provide our customers with products and services that deliver access to markets, optimize their energy portfolio, hedge risk and manage assets. Our Wholesale Business operates throughout the value chain in the North American wholesale power markets and we are one of the leading wholesale natural gas marketers. Additionally, we provide environmental, congestion management and value added derivative products. With extensive pipeline agreements, we can manage natural gas offtakes, deliveries, capacities and supply anywhere across the continent.
EDF Trading North America, LLC is part of the EDF Group, a global leader in low-carbon energies.
- Manage/mitigate risk for the asset owners
- Capture market opportunities based on real-time positions and analysis of market conditions
- Conduct real-time trading and scheduling for purchases and sales of energy and ancillary services
- Build relationships with market participants
- Communication of real-time market information to energy managers as well as cash and term traders
- Maintain regulatory requirements with FERC, resulting in some weekend alternative shift schedules
- Proficiently collects, queries, organizes and manipulates large amounts of data in Excel and accurately presents analytical results
- Prioritize deliverables and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree required - Finance or Engineering preferred
- At least two (2) years of experience in the energy sector required, Real Time trading/operations experience preferred
- Experience with a variety of power markets preferred, including PJM, MISO, NYISO, NEPOOL, IMO, ERCOT, CAISO and WECC.
- Familiarity with emergency response procedures, including alternative work sites
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required in order to provide updates to others including desk relief, energy managers, and clients
- Basic analytical skills required for pricing, risk assessment and transaction structuring
- Flexibility to work 12 hour rotating shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
Note: EDF is an EEO employer