Risk Analysts support the development and implementation of Operational Risk, Model Risk, Liquidity Risk, and Credit Risk governance frameworks for the Combined U.S. Operations (CUSO) and oversees operational risk for the subsidiaries, in accordance with US Regulations, Home Office policies and industry practices for Risk Management.
The Risk Management Department is the second line of defense in its role of monitoring and assessing business practices as related to the risk appetite framework for SMBC. Within each department, the Operational Risk as well as other Risk Groups create and ensure an operational risk framework that is independent of the businesses. The Risk Analyst is responsible for executing on the operational risk framework controls and continued enhancement of the operational risk framework as required.
Working at SMBC means joining a collaborative and supportive team! We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. We will give you the tools to succeed through training and networking with senior leaders and other talented individuals.
If you are a highly motivated individual and enjoy working in teams to come up with innovative solutions, this area is for you. We welcome applications from all majors who have an interest in financial services. Some of the responsibilities of the role will include:
- Ensures adherence to regulatory requirements and internal processes for the Combined U.S. Operations, and other Americas Division businesses
- Understanding of Liquidity Risk Regulatory requirements pertaining to Reg YY and FINRA, CFTC, NFA or FDIC
- Familiarity with derivatives products, trading and hedging activities
- Develops and maintain risk control frameworks
- Manages ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Understanding of banking products and associated liquidity risks
- Review and challenge of first line activities
- Familiarity with funding plans, contingency funding plans and Funds Transfer Pricing
- Experience with Federal Reserve Bank Horizontal Liquidity reviews and MRA remediation
- Production of daily EPS reports including liquidity stress tests
- Experience with Resolution & Recovery Planning
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with internal risk management colleagues and risk management leaders across all subsidiaries and globally
- 2+ years EPS Liquidity Risk/ALM/Treasury experience gained within a bank, regulatory agency or swap/broker dealer
- BA/BS degree required; MA/MS/MBA helpful
- CFA (Charted Financial Analyst) / FRM (Financial Risk Manager) preferred
- Strong proficiency in Python, Excel, Bloomberg, IBM Risk systems
- Demonstrates sound judgement in handling complex and highly confidential matters with integrity and professionalism.
- Professional approach to taking a firm position on risk in the absence of broad-based support; understands impact of downstream policy implementation.
- Strong written and oral communications skills; excellent presentation skills.
- Attentive to detail
- Eager to learn and develop
- Ability to think critically and analyze data
- College degree required