At Regions, the Risk Quantitative Analyst is a member of a key strategic team that is responsible for a very wide range of quantitative initiatives that include stress testing and loss forecasting, economic capital, risk ratings, portfolio valuation, optimization, origination strategies, and other portfolio management analytics. Associates at this level hold basic knowledge and experience in the discipline but are still building a stronger skill set and knowledge base. These associates will typically be tasked with solving a variety of straightforward problems and analyzing possible solutions using standard procedures.
- Assists with designing, enhancing, and implementing a variety of mathematical, financial, statistical, econometric, machine learning, and artificially intelligent models
- Assists with designing appropriate tests to determine whether models work as designed and monitors existing models for adequate performance
- Documents models, defends methodological choices, and remediates identified technical issues for the purposes of independent model validation
- Works collaboratively with other quantitative analysts with a diverse technical background to share knowledge and implement the most appropriate analytical solution
- Collaborates with portfolio managers to identify risks in the portfolio
- Collaborates with Credit Portfolio Managers, Risk Management, Finance, Treasury, and lines of businesses to identify opportunities and credit-related risks in the portfolio, making recommendations on new credit origination and risk mitigation strategies
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Physics, or related field
- One (1) year of experience in Econometrics, Mathematical Finance, Statistical Methods, or related field
- Familiarity with Structured Query Language (SQL), Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) Script, Python, JAVA, C#, R, and/or Statistical Analysis Software (SAS)
- Experience analyzing data and building applicable mathematical models
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Physics, or related field
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to learn additional systems as needed
- Ability to research, analyze data, and derive facts
- Ability to work in a team environment when applicable
- Ability to work under direct guidance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong verbal, written communication, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation
*This position may be filled at a higher level depending on the candidate's qualifications and relevant experience.
Full timeBenefits Information
Regions offers a benefits package that is flexible, comprehensive and recognizes that "one size does not fit all" for associates. Listed below is a synopsis of the benefits offered by Regions for informational purposes, which is not intended to be a complete summary of plan terms and conditions.
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
- 401K with Company Match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Associate Volunteer Program
Please note, benefits and plans may be changed, amended, or terminated with respect to all or any class of associate at any time. To learn more about Regions’ benefits, please click or copy the link below to your browser.