111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
BMO is hiring an individual with Business Analysis or Project
Management/Coordination experience to support project delivery in the
Commercial Lending space at the bank. The role involves providing
requirements for projects; leading projects from a UAT perspective;
coordinating testers; executing test cases and provide end-user support.
- Give project management guidance for software implementation projects (looking at project scope, budget, & resources).
- Communicate project status, provide reporting, address queries & concerns to meet deadlines
- Coordinate the resources to ensure barriers are removed & tasks on plan
Knowledge of the operations process of lending is an asset! For instance,
understanding what a Loan Deal Specialist/Loan Administrator or Lending
Services Analyst does - i.e., how loans are paid off; interest rates;
supporting customers throughout loan; how loans close; how notices are sent.
Below are applications that the Commercial Lending Team uses:
Loan IQ (Loan origination system used at BMO, TD and other US firms)
APMS (BMO Risk and Collateral system)
Process improvement skills or certification (i.e. Lean Six Sigma)
As a Senior Business Analyst/Project Manag, you will be supporting project
delivery in the Corporate/Commercial Lending Operations space. You will
provide operations expertise in the design, development, management and
implementation of assigned projects from business case development through to
execution. You will work across BMO to deliver specific project/program
results in alignment with overall group goals.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Acts as a relationship manager on assigned projects/programs and ensures alignment to overall enterprise and group goals.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Participates in project/program design and provides advice & subject matter expertise to achieve required business results.
- Conducts analysis required to inform strategic recommendations and considers the “big picture” when assessing whether or not a course of action is advisable in terms of the group and enterprise goals.
- Collaborates with internal & external stakeholders to provide business context in the design, develop and implementation of programs & solutions.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Drives cross business/group coordination and logistical support for the implementation of change.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Works on initiatives with varied complexity, typically involving multiple stakeholders across BMO.
- Identifies enablers and key issues prior to and during implementation, raises issues with stakeholders and offers solutions to resolve issues or risks that jeopardize delivery.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- 5-10+ years prior experience as a project manager and/or business analyst (lending operations or finance preferred), with advance knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- 5-10+ years prior experience leading and facilitating requirements gathering sessions and documentation
- 5-10+ years prior experience in reporting and documentation
- 5-10+ years prior experience working in a tier 1 financial institution
- 5-10+ years prior experience working in large projects / programs (i.e. Class A/B) related and not limited to change management, delivering technology solutions to satisfy business needs or systems migration
- 5-10+ years prior experience leading UAT for large initiatives from start to finish
- Subject matter expertise in required business domain - In-depth.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in
business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our
customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and
pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic
growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard,
and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make
an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you
with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our
customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager
support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable
experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible
workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through
our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected
Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all
aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact
Note to Recruiters: BMO Harris Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from
any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent
to BMO Harris Bank, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO Harris Bank
property. BMO Harris Bank will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from
the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a
valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to