We are looking for a Senior level Machine Learning Data Scientist to build new
ML products to improve ad performance and advertiser ROI. You will work
closely with engineers and product managers from the Advertiser Optimization
team to up-level the current Budget Pacing system, build ML-based auto-bidding
products, as well as develop reinforcement learning models for dynamic
creative optimization (Ad Level Optimization). This person is an industry
technical leader in the online ads marketplace optimization domain with a
solid technical background, strong business acumen, and excellent cross-
functional stakeholders management skills.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely
remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
- You will dive deep into the Budget Pacing system and help the team identify efficiency gaps and areas for improvement. You will research and develop ML-based PID controllers and auto-bidding products to improve advertisers’ performance.
- Research, design, and develop contextual bandit models or similar reinforcement learning techniques for dynamic creative optimization (DCO) that can improve ad performance and bring more value to advertisers, especially for Shopping Ads.
- Be involved in all phases of modeling such as ideation, offline modeling, online implementation, experimentation, deploy and post-launch monitoring/measurements.
- This role will have a lot of overlap with other Machine Learning Engineer roles, but will differ in a couple of areas. First is that you will work mainly on offline modeling and rely on engineers to productionize your models. Secondly, you will have a keen interest in the collection and quality of underlying data (experiment design and analysis, data deep dive), along with working on ETLs and data aggregations needed for training, testing and productionizing models.
- Serve as a thought-partner for product managers, engineers, leadership in shaping the monetization roadmap and strategy for Reddit by identifying opportunities through deep-dive analyses and/or modeling.
What We Can Expect From You:
- Relevant experiences in ads marketplace.
- Ph.D., M.S. or Bachelors degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or other quantitative fields (If M.S. degree, a minimum of 1+ years of industry data science experience required and if Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry data science experience).
- Proficiency in at least one of the areas: operations research, operations management, control theory, reinforcement learning, statistical modeling, and optimization.
- Deep understanding of online experimentation and causal inference.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Strong skills in programming (Python or R) and SQL.