We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need
talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at
work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are
truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit
What You’ll Be Doing
The Decision Science team is a central hub of data science expertise
within Personal and Business Banking, and is leading the way in applying the
best practices in predictive science, machine learning, leveraging massive
datasets and the latest in big data technology platforms to truly
revolutionize personalization to drive client experience. The Senior Data
Scientist ensures that sound analytical methods and processes are followed and
predictive models are built on sound data samples. As a Senior Data Scientist
you will apply your knowledge and experience of data modelling to solve a wide
range of challenging business problems and bring innovative solutions. This
position pro-actively contributes to the portfolio management function in the
area of model design, model building, model governance and model performance
monitoring and other analysis to help optimize the effectiveness and
profitability of projects, marketing campaigns, pricing, optimization,
contracts and other business decisions across our products. You’ll interact
with groups across the organization from Products, Segments, Marketing to
Channels and Risk. You will work with structured and unstructured data to
produce end-to-end solutions, taking models from experiment to deployment.
How You’ll Succeed
- Data Science Expertise: Provide advanced analytics solutions to solve business problems by leveraging traditional statistical, machine learning and optimization techniques. Ability to conduct self-directed research, typically using non-traditional resources to solve business problems.
- Modeler: Participate in model development by conducting detailed quantitative analysis work to support the model development. Support deploying statistics and machine learning models in development and production environments. Work closely with other senior modelers to facilitate effective dissemination of model related documents and model governance and model performance to business partners.
- Business Consulting: Conduct business problem assessment independently. Gather relevant information related to business processes, functions and operations to evaluate data credibility and quality. Utilize creative thinking to modify or select the most suitable procedure/approach to solve a business problem. Perform in-depth analysis for the purpose of identifying revenue generation and cost saving opportunities, developing proposals and make recommendations for model usage to the downstream partners.
- Market Relevancy: Participate in an analytics community whose goal is to foster and share analytic approaches across the enterprise. Liaise with internal and external sources, colleagues, and others to obtain, provide, verify and discuss information and best practices. Passionate innovators, creators, collaborators, and leaders who are up for the challenge of building the bank of the future and delivering solutions that meet our clients’ changing needs
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in working with large multivariate datasets including both structured and unstructured data and related tools (e.g., SQL, Spark). Must have experience coding in high level programming languages such as Python or R. . Must have experience with cloud technology such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud. Experience with SAS, MS Office, and Tableau is an asset.
- You are a machine learning expert. You have experience coding recommender system models such as collaborative filtering, matrix factorization, and reinforcement learning.
- You’re a certified professional. You have current accreditation and a Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Physics, Economics or related quantitative field.
- **You 're digitally savvy. **You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- **You 're driven by collective success. **You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse
community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to
do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a state-of-the-art brand new downtown financial district office where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning and comprehensive product training
- Flexibility: flexible hours, mix of work from home and work from office
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a consultant role with a 12 month contract with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Toronto-81 Bay, 25th Floor
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Advanced Analytics, Big Data Technologies, Cloud Technology, Data Science,
Machine Learning, Predictive Modeling