We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need
talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at
work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are
truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit
What You’ll Be Doing
The Analytics & Decision Science team is a central hub of analytics expertise
within CIBC, and is leading the way in applying the best practices in
predictive science, machine learning, leveraging massive datasets and the
latest in big data technology platforms. As a Senior Data Scientist you will
apply your knowledge and experience of data modelling to solve challenging
business problems and bringing innovative solutions. You’ll interact with
groups across the organization from products, segments, marketing to channels,
risk and capital markets. You’ll work with real world structured and
unstructured datasets to produce end-to-end solutions, taking models from
experiment to deployment. We collaborate with the most exciting new companies
in the space of AI and machine learning, and engage in collaborations with
leading academic researchers to promote the exchange of ideas and enrich our
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your
role. You’ll have the flexibility to manage your work activities within a
hybrid work arrangement where you’ll spend 1-3 days per week on-site, while
other days will be remote. Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-
site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
How You’ll Succeed
- Data Science Expertise: Provide advanced analytics solutions to solve business problem leveraging traditional statistical, machine learning and optimization techniques. Ability to conduct self-directed research, typically using non-traditional resources to solve business problems.
- Business Consulting: Conduct business problem assessment independently. Gather relevant information related to business processes, functions and operations to evaluate data credibility and quality. Utilize creative thinking to modify or select the most suitable procedure/approach to solve a business problem. Perform in-depth analysis for the purpose of identifying revenue generating and cost saving opportunities, developing proposals and make recommendations for model usage to the downstream partners.
- Market Relevancy: Participate in an analytics community whose goal is to foster and share analytic approaches across the enterprise. Liaise with internal and external sources, colleagues, and others to obtain, provide, verify and discuss information and best practices. Passionate innovators, creators, collaborators, and leaders who are up for the challenge of building the bank of the future and delivering solutions that meet our clients’ changing needs
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in working with large datasets including both structured and unstructured data and related tools (e.g., SQL, Hive, Spark). Must have experience coding in high level programming languages such as Python, SAS or R. Must have experience coding with data modelling packages such as SAS Enterprise Miner, NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, Scikit-Learn, Keras or PyTorch.
- You’re a certified professional. You have current accreditation and good standing in Master or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research, Physics, Economics or related quantitative field.
- **You 're digitally savvy. **You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- **You 're driven by collective success. **You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions
as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential.
We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Toronto-81 Bay, 25th Floor
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Advanced Analytics, Big Data, Big Data Technologies, Business Problems,
Business Processes, Data Science, Datasets, Decision Sciences, Machine