What We Do
Use your expert experience in data & analytics to build powerful stories and
visuals that inform the games we make, the technology we develop, and business
decisions that drive Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help create the models
that fuel our creator economy. The successful candidate will have excellent
SQL knowledge, and enjoy combining machine learning skills with business
acumen to provide the data and insights that will drive our continued success.
**In this role, you will **
- Work with creator ecosystem teams and key stakeholders from the metaverse economy team and analytics teams ensure available game data is applied for its best use to Epic by modeling player behavior to understand the long and short run impacts on our ecosystem
- Partner closely with the metaverse economy team to jointly build new and scalable models that will help guide the development of the metaverse economy
What we're looking for
- Demonstrated background in development of machine learning products
- Strong Python engineering knowledge
- Familiarity with supporting technical componentry including:
- Code version control (Github or similar)
- Orchestration (Airflow preferred)
- CI/CD (codeFresh, Jenkins or similar) & model (MLFlow or similar)
- Experience in a “full-stack” environment - data file ingest, ETL, data storage interaction in Python, Python application development, communication of result to storage systems, code version control
- Advanced statistical training and a thorough understanding of the associated strengths and weaknesses of different statistical approaches
- Experience with Spark (Scala or PySpark)
- Working knowledge of HiveQL
- Passion for games, analytics, and user generated content
- Familiarity with AWS infrastructure (particularly MWAA & EKS)
- Familiarity with virtualization for development (Docker preferred)
- Experience with data drift & quality monitoring and associated development
- Demonstrated experience with economic modeling & econometrics approaches
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the
quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents.
Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability,
Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer
a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free
therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide
paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals
for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.