HCTech is a financial technology company with offices in New York, Chicago and London.
We design/build/operate mission critical systems that are used for financial markets transactions, and are building a team of experienced and motivated software engineers to develop the next generation trading platform.
We are looking for the following qualities:
- Team Oriented - We want people who are as committed to making the team better through sharing ideas as they are driven to improve their individual performance.
- Systematic Problem Solving - You must enjoy tackling new concepts quickly, combining knowledge from different domains, and take a data-driven approach to testing new ideas.
- Mental Flexibility - You’ll have to frequently adapt based on new data, results, and feedback on your ideas and your performance.
- Entrepreneurial Thinking - We value academic training and research but our work is not an academic exercise. We aggressively test ideas, drop projects with limited upside, and focus our efforts on the bottom line.
- Designing, coding, implementing core trading components
- Collaborating with quantitative traders to design and test trading models ● Building real-time trading applications
- 5+ years experience in Java development
- Excellent communications skills
- Proficiency in UNIX system programming
- Proficiency with Git
- Proficiency with relational databases (MySQL, PostGreSQL)
- Familiarity with testing frameworks (Gtest, JUnit, etc)
Highly desired experience:
- Experience with low latency programming
- Experience with distributed systems, multithreading and JAVA I/O
- Technically comfortable using all aspect of Java
- Experience with database programming using JDBC/SQL
- Experience with application profiling and debugging
- Experience in financial markets (we can bring you up to speed)
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, Math, or 5 years of equivalent experience
HCTech provides excellent benefits and a casual, friendly work environment in a great neighborhood. This is a full-time job.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.