The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You 'll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email toAccessibility (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Focus on aspects of model development specific to finance and risk measurement
Responsible for aspects of the development life cycle of quantitative models. Assist with identifying and escalating model risks. Develops awareness of key partnerships specific to models within targeted scope of responsibility.
Areas of model development include market, commercial, retail, credit, financial crimes, CCAR, CECL, finance and compliance risk. This position will participate in model reviews and validation finding mitigation following deployment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Conduct specific aspects of the model development life cycle. The model development life cycle includes data acquisition, assessing data integrity, model development, documentation, implementation assistance and assisting with closing assurance provider issue related to the model.
2. Evaluate, develop and maintain monitoring, performance reporting, and change-management processes. Work with stakeholders to ensure models fulfill the business objectives set for them.
3. Ensure assigned parts of model development projects and processes comply with Truist requirements for model risk management and other policy requirements.
4. Request or assist with mentoring and training to accelerate model development in areas of techniques, process and business knowledge.
5. Assist with user understanding and acceptance of models and associate analytics, including written and verbal presentations to model users, stakeholders, managers and oversight groups.
6. Address model questions from partners within the firm as needed, including assurance providers.
7. Assist with identifying, recruiting, and maintaining, quantitative talent.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Two or more years of relevant experience in best practices, or equivalent financial industry experience developing, documenting, implementing, or validating quantitative models using SAS or other applicable model development software/programming tools
2. Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
3. Ability to distill complex mathematical concepts into actionable results
4. Strong work ethic; promote and conduct continued development of personal and associate knowledge base and technical skills
5. Organization skills: Ability to communicate and manage competing organizational priorities effectively
6. Problem solving skills: Strong problem solving skills
7. Education: Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Actuarial Science, Applied Mathematics, or other applied quantitative science, or equivalent education and related training
1. Master's degree/PhD
2. Relevant professional designation(s)
3. Some experience in risk management
4. Some knowledge/experience of best practices and current regulatory environment
_ Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, citizenship or national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Truist is a Drug Free Workplace._