We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need
talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at
work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are
truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit
** Senior Risk Data Analyst, Risk Data Management Office**
We’re on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and
we’re looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and
leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared
commitment to do what’s right for our clients, our people, and our
communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at
CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
** What You’ll Be Doing**
- Ensure the integrity of credit risk measures of capital markets products by carrying out daily quality assurance procedures and controls, and analyzing the drivers of the exposure changes.
- Partner with Risk Management and Technology stakeholders to plan system enhancements in support of rising business and regulatory requirements related to the accuracy of credit risk data and credit risk measurements in the Trading Credit System.
- Assist in the maintenance of controls related to the integrity of risk data. Conduct ongoing data quality reviews and ensure that new initiatives meet the standards required to support the business unit’s objectives and overall controls.
- Cross train extensively with other trading credit risk quality assurance group members in order to extend their product knowledge, understand the trading credit system, and provide seamless backup support.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your
role. Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work)
will be discussed at the time of your interview.
** How You’ll Succeed**
- Experienced - Solid knowledge of financial markets, derivative products and their valuation, and trading room activities and systems gained through related experience.
- Knowledgeable - Strong knowledge of risk management terminology and principles. Knowledge of the associated credit risk management processes and risk measures is an asset. CFA/FRM designation is an asset.
- Analytical - Experience with data analysis tools (incl. data analyst skill-level using SQL, VBA programming)
- You can demonstrate experience in OTC Derivatives .
- Client engagement – Meet with clients to understand their priorities, advise them on solutions, and provide a forward-looking financial plan. Use your knowledge of cash management, credit, investment and wealth protection to help clients meet their goals.
- Relationship building - Engage in marketing and outreach activities to show clients you value them and their communities. Grow your network, deepen existing relationships, and collaborate with others to ensure clients are connected to the right people and opportunities.
- Leveraging technology - Become a technology expert. Share your knowledge by introducing clients to our mobile banking applications, enabling them to better manage their banking needs.
** Who You Are**
- You put our clients first. Y ou engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You 're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You’re a certified professional. Hold the certification or working towards CFA / FRM
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
** What CIBC Offers**
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse
community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to
do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you
- Thrive : Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Toronto-81 Bay, 31st Floor
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Data Management, Derivatives Trading, OTC Derivatives, SQL Database Queries,