As a Barclays Quantitative-Researcher and Trader working within the Statistical, Modelling and Development (SM&D) team, you will be designing and developing mathematical algorithms to underpin our market analytics, execution strategies and models, pricing, hedging, pre/post trade analytics. The team’s purpose is to create best in class business logic and models underlying electronic liquidity offering to clients and the associated analytics.
Salary / Rate Minimum: $175,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: $215,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Developing mathematical algorithms to underpin our market analytics, execution strategies and models, pricing, hedging, pre/post trade analytics
• Creating the best-in-class business logic and models underlying electronic liquidity offering to clients and the associated analytics
• Having the opportunity to be involved from requirements gathering, design, implementation, construction, optimization, monitoring and support
• Supporting and providing the best-in-class service to Barclays clients
• Designing algorithms for corporate bond trading and ETF
• Coordinating and collaborating proactively in the identification of problems and issues and resolution of them
• Providing required support in timely manner and to high quality
• Participating and committing in team peer reviews of code, team knowledge sharing, hiring and presentations
What we’re looking for:
• A Master’s degree, PhD preferable, from a top tier university in a technical discipline such as statistics, computer science, mathematics, physics, quantitative finance, operations research
• Logical thinking, problem solving, and mathematical skills is a must, with a focus on statistics, probability theory and optimization
• Understanding and experience in programming skills (Python, Q/KDB & at least one of JAVA or C++)
• Experience and understanding of corporate bond trading
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Prior experience as a quant researcher/trader with algorithms for Fixed income trading in a sell side environment
• Flexible to work different hours to support and collaborate with other regional teams as required
• Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic environment individually and as part of a team
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 32-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.