Apex Fintech Solutions (AFS) powers innovation and the future of digital wealth management by processing millions of transactions daily, to simplify, automate, and facilitate access to financial markets for all. Our robust suite of fintech solutions enables us to support clients such as Stash, Betterment, SoFi, and WeBull, and more than 20 million of our clients' customers.
Collectively, AFS creates an environment in which companies with the biggest ideas in fintech are empowered to change the world. We are based in Dallas, TX and also have offices in Austin, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Portland, and Belfast.
If you are seeking a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you'll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact, and you have the guts to change everything, this is the place for you.
AFS has received a number of prestigious industry awards, including:
- 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Best Wealth Management Company - presented by Fintech Breakthrough Awards
- 2021 Most Innovative Companies - presented by Fast Company
- 2021 Best API & Best Trading Technology - presented by Global Fintech Awards
At Apex Fintech Solutions, we're all about building the next-generation trade clearing platform that enables the hottest stock trading apps the capabilities they need to introduce a new generation to investing. We need a passionate, determined, courageous, and principled Software Development Engineer in Test like you to help us achieve this mission. If what you need next in your career is an opportunity to be empowered to make your own decisions, learn from your mistakes and execute what works, Apex Fintech Solutions is likely the place for you.
We are looking for someone who:
- Always feels they can do things better the next time around - You constantly look for better, faster, and more inclusive ways to prove that our software quality meets the mark.
- You are intellectually curious - You want to understand the design decisions that teams made, how their applications work, map data flows, understand data transformations and dependencies throughout our application architecture; you work hard to understand the whole problem and aren't afraid to ask questions or point out concerns.
- You have a proven track record of working within a team and helping them succeed in testing excellence - You work with a team around building comprehensive, quality focused testing best practices in a cloud-centric full-stack environment.
- You love mentoring and coaching other engineers - You have a desire to build a community of practice in Test, help your team and other SDETs to grow in their career, and provide practical advice to solve complex problems.
- You build collaborative relationships with other SDETs - You develop productive, beneficial relationships with other engineering teams embedded SDETs across the organization to enable continuous learning and best practices in quality engineering.
- Software Engineer by training, quality practitioner by trade - You really enjoy applying your software engineering practices in meaningful ways to continue pushing the quality bar upward.
- Understands how to strike the balance between manual and automated testing - You understand that your time is valuable and prioritize your automation efforts towards the highest risk, most repeatable, and highest value test cases.
A few reasons why you might love working here:
- We have an incredible track record - Apex fosters success and ongoing innovation with our customers, so you get all the benefits of a stable company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture.
- Our team is passionate and driven to succeed - We are deeply invested in providing quality services and products for our customers. Their success is our success.
- You are open to change - The landscape is ever-changing. We do not sit idle; we are not satisfied with the status quo. We will push industry standards and strive to deliver world class solutions through innovation.
- You will have genuine opportunities for growth - We care about your career goals and provide options for both managerial and technical career paths. We encourage outside learning from conferences to seminars and meetup groups.
- The ability to contribute to and benefit from a culture of continuous learning - Generous policies regarding attending industry conferences, books, and training reimbursement. We also hold regular hackathons or tech days.
What you'll do all day:
- Be a member of a world-class team of SDETs and implement a best-in-class framework around integration, regression and load testing across our broad suite of enterprise applications
- Work embedded in a software development team that is focused on rapidly delivering stable software
- Test Microservices through the use of manual exploratory testing and building automated test suites to ensure it meets the use cases and requirements
- Build test plans and risk assessments
- Build advanced tools for test automation
- Be the chief ambassador for quality within your team
- Contribute to a culture of quality by improving processes
Our ideal candidate will:
- Build brand-new testing infrastructure, as the organization identifies novel testing opportunities to safely expand our cloud-based microservices (K8s, Docker, GCP)
- Hit the ground running by contributing their expertise in Unit Tests and End-to-End testing
- Be comfortable as a thought leader as well as a hands-on practitioner
- Work closely with the team to debug and troubleshoot existing issues while preemptively identifying weaknesses in new systems
Skills that will help you achieve the above goals:
- 2+ years of software testing experience
- The ability to pick up new languages, framework, or tooling on the job as we continuously improve our stack
- Working knowledge of event-driven systems using RabbitMQ, Kafka, Google Pub/Sub or similar
- Experience working with open/closed box testing methodologies
- A financial services background
- Familiarity with running and testing software in *nix environments