For Those Who Work At Home - Various, Ohio 44145
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF)
As a Senior Research Analyst, the responsibilities include the financial analysis of the capital markets. The Senior Analyst will have demonstrated the ability to satisfy the requirements of the Analyst position with the added ability to identify relative value in the markets and to provide investment guidance to the investment strategy teams based on a thorough review of financial documents relating to securities being offered or when quarterly financial statements are released. The Senior Research Analyst will have established a network of professional contacts relating to the companies (entities) that are associated with their sector assignments. The analyst will be expected to promote Key Private Bank's marketing objectives by publishing relevant research regarding sector assignments. In addition, the analyst will be responsible for providing on-going surveillance for all investments assigned to them by Senior Management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• The analyst will provide adequate due Diligence before the execution of any
investment under consideration by the portfolio management team and the
trading desk. The response time by the analyst is market sensitive as the
trading desk is actively involved in multiple trades/transactions throughout
the business day.
• The analyst will strive to gain a working understanding of GAAP and GASB or Statutory accounting practices in the performance of reviewing financial statements that include corporate, financial institutions and municipal entities per sector assignments.
• Capable of applying knowledge of mathematics and statistics in the performance of their research duties with a working understanding of regression analysis and basic statistical methods.
• The analyst is required to participate in conference calls consisting of Sell-side analysts, subscribed rating agencies services, and presentations provided by issuers and management team being considered for purchase or already held on the investment platform.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with a particular emphasis on Word and Excel in daily activities as well as the ability to use Bloomberg and S&P's CAP IQ.
• Prepare and apply financial forecasts, comparable company analyses and valuation models to identify opportunities.
• Prepare and participate in presentations to investment strategy teams and clients as required.
• Provide a clear and open written and oral communication flow related to opportunities and concerns along with final transaction decisions to and between team members another appropriate parties.
• Complete Special Projects and other duties as assigned by Management.
• Provide coaching on required job competencies, expected leadership qualities, while identifying prospects and providing strategic guidance in the facilitation of our business.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite that involves optimization modeling of both financial statements and portfolio analysis.
• Assist in gathering and analyzing macro, industry, and company level data to identify trends in order to develop market views of fundamentals and evaluate opportunities and risks.
• Produce timely and relevant research on specific companies, general trends, and sector related matters that are viewed as thorough, high quality, insightful and focused.
• Build and maintain high profile relationships with issuers and Wall Street resources, interacting frequently based upon industry and topical research published.
• Present credits and sector thesis effectively and comprehensively to portfolio managers, clients, and during the course of internal meetings.
• Obtain a level of comfort in managing client expectations associated with comprehensive workflow on projects of varied scale. Achievement requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with the ability to independently prioritize activities.
• Work with surveillance team in monitoring and updating credit risk assessments on existing holdings and those securities received from contra- firms.
• Grow network of contacts in relevant fields that will assist the credit research department in discovering new opportunities and enhancing client perception while expanding relationships with prospective investors and where appropriate developing media exposure.
• Participate in the preparation of marketing materials that describe our comprehensive offerings, relative value investing, and proprietary strategies.
• Proactively identify credit issues while aspiring to provide the most timely and effective solution via research notes, outreach events and broader contributions to the development of research methodology.
• Satisfy regulatory and compliance requirements while seeking to outperform compulsory service level agreements. Exemplify a Service First Attitude.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics with 4-6 Years of
relevant investment experience.
• Master's degree or CFA preffered.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Bloomberg, S&P CAP IQ, SNL.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment driven by market investment conditions.
• Strong communication skills that relate to oral presentation and written reports.
• Ability to work independently in support of various investment strategies.
• A commitment to learning and developing relationships that support department objectives and goals.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This position is eligible to earn a base salary in the range of $70,000 to $90,000 annually depending on location and job-related factors such as level of experience. Compensation for this role also includes __ eligibility for __ short-term incentive compensation and deferred incentive compensation subject to individual and company performance.
Please click here for a list of benefits for which this position is eligible.
Key has implemented a role-based Mobile by Design approach to our employee workspaces, dedicating space to those whose roles require specific workspaces, while providing flexible options for roles which are less dependent on assigned workspaces and can be performed effectively in a mobile environment. As a result, this role may be Mobile or Home-based, which means you may work primarily either at a home office or in a Key facility to perform your job duties.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may request reasonable accommodations by emailing HR_Compliance@keybank.com.