We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Technology Risk Analyst - Mastercard Launch 2023
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The Mastercard Launch program is aimed at early career talent, to help you develop skills and gain cross-functional work experience. Over a period of 18 months, Launch participants will be assigned to a business unit, learn and develop skills, and gain valuable on the job experience.
Technology Risk Analyst Overview
• Monitors technology risk and compliance, and develops, delivers, maintains and monitors IT policies, standards, and best practices
• Oversees compliance and the implementation of design (up-to-date standard operating procedures) and operational (testing the validity of procedures periodically) effectiveness
• Participates in the risk management process, including documenting, reviewing and updating systems on a regular basis; contributes in the preparations of internal risk reports
• Supports special projects as requested; provides ad-hoc support to management
• Supports investigations on risk incidents and produces detailed summaries identifying the causes of the incident, process failures and proposed risk mitigation and following up actions
• Performs, updates and maintains existing reports and processes
• Supports risk management processes and procedures to maintain the status of industry compliance standards (e.g., PCI) on applications that process, store or transfer data containing credit card information and the enterprise infrastructure where they reside
• Supports due diligence reviews and Mastercard subsidiary reviews globally to safeguard Mastercard data and adheres to payment, financial and industry data standards according to Mastercard Technology Policies and Standards (includes PCI Compliance)
• Exposure to technology, including network and internet systems
• Demonstrates aptitude to acquire basic understanding of Risk analysis; begins to develop relationships with risk managers, business and technology partners
• Partner cooperatively in a team environment to support evolution of a wide array of programs across Mastercard business
• Liaise with global customer base to identify opportunities to improve current programs and develop understanding of customer needs
• Support larger team functions related to ensuring customer compliance with Mastercard standards
• Will work with analytic insights and tools to facilitate compliance, investigative, and reporting initiatives
• Perform project management duties, creating and documenting processes, developing timelines, managing compliance cases, supporting risk mitigation for our third parties
• Communicate across key stakeholders to out into place action plans to address vulnerabilities and weaknesses
• Interface with customers, both internal and external, to effectively communicate and educate on program rules, procedures and best practices
• Perform desktop research to identify regional or global trends and develop key performance metrics and reporting
• Assist with ad hoc requests, participate in special projects as required, and provide cross-functional support as neededIn the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must: