Notes to applicants:
- Most roles at Dimensional will be part of our best-of-both hybrid working model. This includes working together in the office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and choosing to work where one works best on Mondays and Fridays. This maximizes in person collaboration and interaction while simultaneously providing flexibility. This broad universal approach applies to most roles globally with a few exceptions that require more or less time in the office. Please discuss with your Recruiter to confirm the details for this specific role.
- Resumes and portfolios (when applicable) are required as part of your application. When applying from a mobile device or tablet, you may not be able to attach a resume. If you cannot include an attachment at the time of your application, you will receive a follow up email asking you to attach your resume from a computer.
- Here at Dimensional, we strive to be an inclusive workplace for all. Even if you do not match every qualification listed, if you are interested in who we are, what we do, and why we do it, we suggest and encourage you to apply.
Dimensional is a privately owned global investment manager serving select financial advisors and institutional clients. Since 1981, our entrepreneurial, collaborative culture has attracted exceptionally talented people from both inside and outside the financial industry—including the academic community. Academic research forms the foundation of all Dimensional investment strategies and guides the design, management, and implementation of client portfolios. This approach has helped lead to enduring client relationships, many of which date back decades.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, with offices around the world, Dimensional manages approximately $575 billion in client assets (as of June 30, 2022).
This role is responsible for the effective execution and continuous refinement of the process of implementing Dimensional’s investment strategy through trading.
- Execute purchases and sales of Fixed Income securities as authorized by Portfolio Managers
- Execute future trades and foreign exchange trades
- Partner with portfolio managers to enable trade execution to deliver optimal value to clients / fixed income portfolios
- Participate in the ongoing development of the thought leadership and scope of understanding within the DFA Investment Management community by challenging current thinking and searching out new opportunities to deploy the investment philosophy
- Work with the Sales teams to better understand, interpret and deliver to clients’ investment needs
- Interact as a seamless interface between the trading team and various internal and external firm constituencies
- Undergraduate degree required
- 2-3 years of relevant Fixed Income industry experience
- Experience in the use of derivatives such as currency forwards, interest rate swaps, inflation swaps and/or asset swaps a plus
- Previous exposure to other areas of capital markets through work in investment banking, consulting, asset management, hedge funds, or in another investing or finance capacity a plus
- Experience with financial systems including Bloomberg and Charles River & FX All a plus
- Record of outstanding academic achievement
- Proactive desire to learn
- Strong analytical skills and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Creativity and a passion for excellence
- Able to work equally well in a team environment and independently
- Able to multi-task
- Strong computer skills with a demonstrated proficiency in programming a plus
- Strong ethics and personal integrity