Jump Crypto is committed to building and standing up critical infrastructure
needed to catalyze the growth of the crypto ecosystem. We're builders,
partners, and traders who take a long-term view of crypto's prospects and
operate to unlock the full potential of open, community-driven networks. Since
our inception as a skunkworks intern project in late 2015, we've grown into a
dynamic and seasoned team of high performing players across a range of
functions. Today, we play an important role in the development of some of the
largest and most innovative crypto communities.
Jump Crypto is the crypto division of Jump Trading Group, a research driven
quantitative trading firm that's one of the largest traders by volume across
traditional asset classes. For more on our history, culture and the road
ahead read our blog here.
To learn more, please visit us at
www.jumpcrypto.com and follow us at
As a Trader, you have an opportunity to join a dynamic group of people focused
on researching, interpreting and capitalizing on the global trading markets.
The ideal candidate for this position will be interested in learning how they
can apply their skills in a quantitative trading environment. You should have
a can-do attitude around supporting the team in a variety of ways and be
motivated by this chance to learn and work alongside a team of experienced
traders and technologists. As a trader you will be working 4 days a week (Sun-
Wed OR Wed-Sat) alongside others trading this 24/7 asset class.
What You’ll Do:
- Familiarity and interest in all lines of the business (outside trading); willingness to understand business priorities and to adapt.
- Execution of trading strategies.
- Monitor trading positions and work with clearing and operations team to reconcile trades and position breaks throughout the shift.
- Build and maintain DevOps toolkit for the production trading system including configuration management, process management, deployment, monitoring, data collection, and analysis.
- Troubleshooting production trading issues, improving trading desk processes.
- Proficiency in (or ability to learn about) quant trading efforts and exchange trading setups and any trading-related areas.
- Researching potential trading opportunities and helping to devise new trading strategies.
- Should own and take responsibility for teamwide projects beyond day-to-day trading coverage.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Skills You’ll Need:
- Interest in cryptocurrencies and an understanding of the various currencies, exchanges, etc. is preferred.
- Comfortable with Python and the ability to write and understand simple to moderate scripts.
- Experience with the overnight shift preferred.
- Familiarity with a Linux environment.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Putty.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion in making decisions.
- Aptitude and preference for working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience with a scripting language is preferred.
- At least 2+ years trading experience preferred.
- Reliable and predictable availability.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Programs