Jane Street Group, LLC has openings for Traders - multiple openings in New
The position duties are as follows: Work as part of a team to seek out and
trade on pricing inefficiencies, develop models, manage risk, investigate new
products, and push into new business areas. Day-to-day job duties include:
- Responsible for executing the firm’s proprietary and bespoke strategies in trading various financial instruments in global markets;
- Continuously update and maintain a proprietary trading system that facilitates trading of these financial instruments across global market;
- Trading and pricing special situations and corporate actions in various global markets;
- Liaising with our global office traders about trading opportunities and their expectancy/risks as pertains to the firm’s proprietary valuation and trading methods;
- Responsible for maintaining competitive markets and providing real liquidity for financial instruments being traded;
- Exercising discretion with respect to firm risk limits in all trading situations;
- Maintaining and expanding active communication/trading with brokers who specialize in the financial instrument being traded, and research and develop new strategies for trading various financial instruments in their respective markets;
- Maintaining responsibility for building and maintaining complex spreadsheets and databases that are crucial to real time pricing, and market making of financial instruments being traded;
- Leverages strong understanding of trading strategies and behavior in the relevant markets, and significant knowledge of Excel, Bloomberg, VBA, UNIX, Bash, OCaml, and PostgreSQL.;
- Training Junior Traders in Jane Street’s trading methodology and culture; and
- Actively interviews and recruits new Traders to join Jane Street.
The position requires a 3 or 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Physics,
Engineering, Computer Science, or a related scientific or quantitative field
or foreign equivalent plus 1 year of experience as an assistant trader or
similar role. Experience must include the following:
- conducting trade entry, trade reporting organizing and displaying market data to facilitate trade decisions;
- back-testing new trading strategies and conducting paper-trades on new trading strategies;
- applying knowledge of Excel, VBA and Bloomberg; and
- applying knowledge of UNIX, Bash, OCaml, and PostgreSQL.
- Series 7 and Series 57 license required.