DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a Treasury Analyst - Commodity Finance, you’ll liaise with both internal and external teams (trading desks, counterparties, exchanges, prime brokers, ISOs/RTOs) to perform research and analysis on a variety of trading-related matters, including cash management, clearance and settlements. You’ll work with different types of securities and commodities financing, including prime brokerage, swap, tri-party, stock loan, and repo. You’ll also help develop new tools and processes to support a wide variety of existing and new businesses.
What you’ll be working on:
- Support DRW’s commodities business (physical and financial natural gas, power, carbon, softs, etc.) to understand and implement posting and clearance of new trading strategies
- Securing different types of securities and commodities financing, including prime brokerage, swap, tri-party, stock loan, and repo
- Performing liquidity reserve maintenance, investment, and reporting
- Designing new tools and optimizing commodity positions to gain efficiencies and capitalize on new market opportunities (and to make most educated trading decisions)
- Generating reports for partners, traders and other support areas
- Managing relationships with counterparties, exchanges, and prime brokers
- Identifying process improvements, defining functional requirements for systems, and implementing change
- Optimize our trading books across diverse set of clearing and financing relationships within the scarce resource constraints of our providers
What’s needed in this role:
- 3+ years of treasury management and analysis or related experience
- Must have experience in financial markets industry
- Previous commodity finance experience required
- Familiarity with a variety of financial products
- Experience with independent system operator (ISO) and regional transmission organization (RTO) products (FTRs, virtuals, etc.) and operations
- Familiarity with ETRM software
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent analytical skills, strong attention to detail and exceptional follow-through
- Strong project management skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Previous data analysis experience
- SQL or VBA experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree