The Treasury team is currently comprised of twelve individuals, with eleven
based in London and one in New York
Treasury is a key focus area for the business with responsibilities of the
group including: repo financing, equity financing, FX funding, margin
analytics and optimisation, management and optimisation of excess cash and
collateral requirements, overseeing the firm’s transfer pricing arrangements,
validating and processing margin calls. The team ensures the funds’ balance
sheet is funded on a daily basis and optimises fund assets by allocating
capital and risk in the most efficient manner.
This role will be the Treasury lead in Asia, report into the Head of Treasury,
and is ideal for those who want a holistic view of a successful fund, with
insight into a broad range of products and trading strategies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Financing and short cover of government and corporate bond activity in APAC markets
- Working with Treasury and Portfolio Managers (“PMs”) to optimise financing costs and margin requirements
- Providing Treasury and PMs with market colour, pricing and balance sheet availability
- Managing financing relationships with counterparts in the region and implementing the firm’s centralised balance sheet and counterparty management strategy
- Maximising the firm’s balance sheet capacity by working with existing counterparties, adding new counterparties and identifying and implementing alternative financing arrangements
- Funding of FX positions in APAC currencies
- Ensuring all trade economics and funding costs in APAC markets are fully attributed to PMs
- Working with senior Treasury managers to optimise the firm’s excess cash and collateral requirements via FX swap and asset swaps
- Repo or other money market experience a requirement
- Clear and effective communicator
- Confident dealing in high-pressured situations, facing off against senior PMs and trading counterparties
- Ambitious, self-motivated and keen to learn
- Positive attitude to a dynamic, changing environment. Ability to take the initiative when presented with new situations and identify business risks
- Collegiate/Team player essential.
- Strong Excel skills required, other coding languages a plus.
BlueCrest is committed to providing an inclusive environment for its
workforce. As an employer, we provide equal opportunities to all people
regardless of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, race,
religion or ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation or nationality.