US Credit Macro Trader
New York, New York
Barclays Capital Inc.
What will you be doing?
• On behalf of a global financial services organization provide orderly market liquidity for CDX (Credit Default Swap Index) options for the firm’s clients. Job duties to include:
• Facilitate hedging strategies through pricing and executing trades for clients that provide market hedges as well as alpha strategies.
• Manage, risk, monitor improve the firms CDX options book and market making strategies.
• Establish and negotiate unit prices and terms of sale, and liaise with traders to develop, enhance, and maintain Fixed Income Credit Trader spreadsheets using concepts in differential equations, mathematics, and probability.
• Conduct complex financial transactions, research and analyze market risk opportunities, hedge trading and risk strategies, and value trading positions.
• Analyse and monitor markets and advise clients to buy or sell specific financial instruments.
• Provide indicative pricing and market color for client review and agree on buying or selling prices at optimal levels for stakeholders’ needs.
• Report positions and prepare deal documents for options.
What we’re looking for:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Economics, Financial Economics, Mathematics or a related field and at least three (3) years of experience as an Options Trader, Trading Analyst, Associate, Intern or related position.
Must have at least three (3) years of employment experience with each of the following required skills: Options pricing, options risk management, options trading and execution; Utilizing volatility surface dynamics, and vanilla and exotic volatility models to forecast options pricing to maximize revenues and provide liquidity; Reviewing macro economic data and impact on volatility and options to develop trading strategies for clients; and 5% domestic and international travel required.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our New York, New York location at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the façade of the building. The building is easily accessible to Restaurants, Shops and Public Transportation.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
Salary/Rate Minimum/yr: $216,000
Salary/Rate Maximum/yr: $216,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any other type of compensation or benefits that may be available.